/fās/nounnoun: face; plural noun: faces
- the front part of a person’s head from the forehead to the chin, or the corresponding part in an animal.
- the face as expressing emotion; an expression shown on the face.
“the happy faces of these children”
/ˈavänt,ˈaväN/nouncombining formprefix: avant-
- (especially with reference to popular music) original or innovative; avant-garde. “even in avant-rock, a song’s words are usually its focus”
nounnoun: face; plural noun: faces
- a collection or gathering of things or people.
- “a wondrous assemblage of noble knights, cruel temptresses, and impossible loves”
- A unique digital identifier that cannot be copied, substituted, or subdivided, that is recorded in a blockchain , and that is used to certify authenticity and ownership (as of a specific digital asset and specific rights relating to it)
- The asset that is represented by an NFT. Example: Christie’s sold the artwork as a “non-fungible token” ( NFT ), a craze for which has gripped Silicon Valley’s elite.